All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meet our new evening friends....

The Hummingbird

by Harry Kemp

The sunlight speaks. And it's voice is a bird:

It glitters half-guessed half seen half-heard

Above the flower bed. Over the lawn ...

A flashing dip and it is gone.

And all it lends to the eye is this --

A sunbeam giving the air a kiss.

I would like to introduce you to our new evening guests...I put up a hummingbird feeder last weekend *mostly to prove Ryan wrong because he said we didn't have hummingbirds around here* tonight Landon and I sat at our dinning room table and enjoyed the parade of different humming birds whizzing by feeding. It was amazing! It lasted until the sun went down and I enjoyed every minute of watching them, Landon wandered away after 10 minutes. I was so happy that I was able to take some great pictures to share. I look forward to watching the hummingbirds again soon......





No comments: