All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sad news...Andrew Innes

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.

Last Sunday while we were in Denver I received a call from my mom, my brother Craig's best friend and his father (Andrew and James Innes natives of New Zealand) had been killed in a helicopter crash outside Price, Utah. I was deeply saddened and shocked and I instantly hung up the phone to reach out to Craig. I was unable to reach him but I got Natalie his wife on the phone, as I expected Craig took the news very hard, he and Andrew were very close. Natalie said that she hadn't seen Craig this distraught in the 12 years they have know each other and was at a loss at what to do to bring him comfort. I told her that everyone deals with death especially a tragic unexpected one differently and to just be there for him. I am so thankful for my brother and his family and for the pillar of strength that they have been for Andrews new bride Season and other family members and friends over the past week. Craig was asked to carry Andrews ashes at his wake this coming Saturday and I want him to know that my thoughts and prayers will be with him. Andrews widow gave Craig a native kiwi necklace that Andrew always wore and I know that will mean the world to him while he grieves for his lost friend. This past weekend Craig built a remembrance garden in his your to honor his friend. Time doesn't heal the pain it will always be there, maybe not on the surface but it will never be forgotten in our hearts. It's the good times and great memories that will keep our loved ones in our hearts forever and until we see them again. The following is a message that Craig wrote on Andrews MySpace after his passing:

You were the best friend anyone could have asked for. Never judgmental, critical or negative in any way. You were a free spirit and lived life to the fullest. You were a big part in my life and a big influence in how I turned out as a human being. I remember our times on the road, your smiles were infectious. Everyone you came in contact with shared the joy you had in life.

Season, Debi, friends & family: I am truly, deeply sorry for your loss. It has helped me to cope with the fact that my best friend has left us by remember the great times we spent. The days of playing and writing music, hiking in the outdoors, boating, and even the simple times of hanging out around the house just being what Andrew and James did best, being FREE. Just some photos of some of the good times Andrew and I shared.

I will miss you friend, business partner, BROTHER.




Obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/saltlaketribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=114005600


News Story:
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=7556aa08-650b-4ec0-9cf4-7b17aa97f71a

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sad, we sent our love to Craig, Natalie, and all those in mourning. Our prayers are with all of you.