All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Unwanted milestone.....

Last night it happened, with 3 boys it was bound to happen sooner or later but I would have like it later, much much later. Ayden crashed on Jackson's electric scooter and I heard the scream and then saw the blood. He was covered and there was a trail leading from the scene of the accident into my kitchen and bathroom. I quickly grabbed a cold wet towel and had him lay down, bad idea all the blood caused him to choke. I tried not to panic something I do at any sight of blood or injury on the boys and assessed the damage. His face was swollen and he had a huge gash under his chin so I piled up all the boys and headed to the ER. Ayden was sobbing in the seat, terrified because I said "looks like you need stitches"...what was I thinking. Luckily I got a hold of Ryan's mom and she quickly came and got Jackson and Landon and took them home, feed them dinner and got them ready for bed *thank you*. The Dr. quickly said that they needed and x-ray of his nose and that "yeap, you'll need stitches and looks like the road broke your nose" trying to lighten things up a bit. The x-ray confirmed that his little nose was broken but that at this young age they don't do anything "it will be swollen and very sore" What I thought?? He just said to watch for breathing difficulty out of it and then if needed to follow up with a ENT doctor. Next came the stitches....Ayden was a trooper, he didn't cry at all except in the beginning he sobbed "I want my daddy" 8 stiches later it was over and he sighed with relief. He also has a concussion and will need to stay home form school for 2 days or until the swelling goes down in his face. I guess I was lucky to not have had to take one of my son's to the ER for stitches yet but poor Ayden...his 7th birthday is next Thursday, nice present to get his stitches out!! Ahhhh, the joys of being a mom to boys, don't get me started on the clean up.......I needed the crime scene clean up unit :)

6 comments:

~ Amy said...

I can't beleive it stiches and a broken nose.... poor Ayden... We all hope you feel better soon.
The Nance's

Monnik said...

poor little guy! Sounds like he was brave, though. Glad it wasn't worse.

We haven't had stitches or an ER visit yet, and my oldest is almost 15. But now that I just wrote that, it'll happen for sure.

geislers said...

So sorry Ayden! Hope you feel better real soon!

The Robin's Nest said...

Oh my gosh. I hope he is okay. If you need anything let me know. We can always bring over ice cream or a movie to cheer him up.

lucy said...

these are some serious battle wounds. So not looking forward to a day like this. poor little guy, hope recovery is quick

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Ouch! I hope that he is doing a little better today. What a scare!