All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

24 Hours in Landons World...


Messy Little Fingers...

Everyday I wake up, ready for the mess. I look around and think O' GREAT!!!! they've already made a mess. I wonder what they're thinking, as they smear makeup on the wall. Is it "Poor, poor, Mommy." or "This was cool after all"? They touch and grab, and mess and bother, While I sit there saying "Please, just go find your father" I wonder why they do it? Day after day -Don't they know it's hard on me? I don't have time to play. When I put them to sleep at night, I breathe a sigh of relief. At least right now I sit and enjoy the wonders of disbelief. I look around at my house and think, "Didn't I just clean? Everyday I try and try, but it's the same old thing. I always stop and wonder "Why, me Lord - O' why me?" I've been blessed, yes I know -But did you have to make it three? I love my children drealy, as I'm gettin out the rags. I sweep and mop and clean up all night, praying tomorrow I won't be a hag. I see those messy little fingers on windows doors and walls- Three little hand prints reminding me how small. Life isn't easy and kids are always testy, I clean up those messy little fingers thanking God for little blessings. The sun is rising, and we awake; "Hurry, Mommy - Hurry, Mommy - It's time to get up and skate! Please take us to the park and play with us outside. We will be good, we promise, and fill your heart with pride." My children, you are wonderful, and today I will take off - Not from a corporate job - just from being a cleaning shop. It took me three years to figure it out, and now I share with you; those messy little fingers are the best things God's ever given to you.




No comments: