All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mom's Lesson Learned...









Mmmm...Chocolate!!!

Here I sit, eating chocolate chips. To quit eating chocolate, I need more than tips. There are so many kinds of chocolate, it's hard to choose. No matter which one you pick, you just can't lose. There is milk chocolate, sweet chocolate, and semi-sweet. I really like dark chocolate! It's such a treat!!! There is also mint chocolate & white chocolate -- I'm not through! There is cereal, cake, cookies, candy, pudding, pie & ice cream too. Chocolate tastes so rich, and sweet, and sometimes smooth. It can help make you feel better, or help your heartache sooth. There are many chocolate drinks. Have some, just for fun -- cappuccino, chocolate milk, mocha & cocoa -- try more than one! Is chocolate as good as a hug, or a pat on the back? What if I'm out of chocolate, when I have my next attack??!! I could just imagine that I'm eating chocolate, I suppose. If I eat lots of chocolate all day long, would I overdose? Where would I go... what would I ever do... without chocolate? Nothing can compare. Not even one word rhymes with chocolate! Do I take it for granted that I can always get more? I could eat chocolate candies, by the score! Is chocolate something to fear -- is it really a curse? Is it something to be avoided, or is it much worse? Or... is chocolate the eighth wonder? Is it a total delight? Something you savor for so long? Or love with all your might?

1 comment:

Liz and Jake said...

I love the poem just as much as I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! It reminds me of the other day when we decided to take the kids for a "Chocolate Drink" at Starbucks! I know, I know as my mother would say SHAME ON YOU!! Well lesson learned the kids ended up with Double Java chip istead of Double Chocolate Chip. Let's just say it wasn't a pleasant surprise! Not to mention when we took Alex's away from her she cried for her coffee. Seriously! We might have a small problem on our hands. Kind of like the one you have on yours! What's next with that little guy! Just be glad it wasn't chocolate syrup!!