All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Monday, May 12, 2008

*Sniff*

I came across this poem on the internet today and it stuck in a hurtful space in my heart. I hope you don't mind if I share it with you...

A piece of glass on a family portrait always cracked but never completely shattered. Strength of love and compassion held us together as weakness and resentment constantly knocked on our door. We always found a way to mend the hurtful mistakes, comments and actions with some super glue. But some how eventually the glue could hold no more and the glass on the semi flawed family portrait shattered to the floor. As I look upon the shattered nothingness I try to recall all the causes throughout the years that weakened the once perfect pane that is now only tiny slivers of individual broken glass . Yet through my aching heart and my burning tears I wounder if I can forgive and forget and love once again........or will I be hurt again

No comments: